Video blogging (or vlogging) has gained a lot of popularity in recent years and for good reason. They give the feeling of being raw, honest, and can be the perfect way to steadily build an audience over time. Anyone can host a web video series. In fact, being an unconventional host can work in your favor by getting people’s attention. If you don’t believe me, check out the board game review video series Games with Hayden, featured below.
If you’re considering starting a web video series of your own, here’s a few tips to live by:
- Create a YouTube channel with custom colors and logo as the home for your series
- Have a spiffy 2-3 second intro for the beginning of each episode
- Infuse every episode with energy and humor whenever possible
- Keep the episodes short (a.k.a. “snackable”)
- Use basic elements of lighting and sound so you can be seen and heard clearly
- Share personal anecdotes to make viewers feel like close friends
- Involve your audience by responding to their questions and comments
- End each episode with a cliffhanger or a question for viewers to respond to
Do you have any tips you’d add to this list? Maybe you have a favorite web series you like to stay current on. If so, which one is it?